The Mediterranean Seminar, in conjunction with the University of California Santa Cruz and the University of Colorado Boulder, and in collaboration with the Institució Milà i Fontanals (CSIC, Barcelona), the Universitat Pompeu Fabra, and other supporting institutions, is proud to announce our fourth National Endowment for the Humanities Summer Institute for College and University Professors, to be held 5 July to 1 August 2015 in Barcelona, Spain. Applications will soon be opening for 25 scholars to participate in this 4-week Institute.
The theme of this institute is: “Negotiating Identities: Expression and Representation in the Christian-Jewish-Muslim Mediterranean,” and faculty include:
• Sharon Kinoshita (Literature, University of California Santa Cruz), PI/co-Director
• Brian A. Catlos (Religious Studies, University of Colorado at Boulder; Humanities, University of California Santa Cruz), co-Director
• Thomas E. Burman (History, University of Tennessee – Knoxville)
• Cecily Hilsdale (Art History and Communication, McGill University)
• Marcus Milwright (Art and Visual Cultures, University of Victoria)
• John Tolan (Histoire, Université de Nantes)
Information, including eligibility criteria, application process, Institute details, and logistics can be found at:
Detailed program information will be available December 1, 2014.